In this post you will get to know about the aptitude interview questions asked at Infosys during your interview. I included the answers for all the interview questions as well.
Infosys Aptitude Interview Questions & Answers
1) X fires 5 shots to Y’s 3, but X kills only once in 3 shots while Y kills once in 2 shots. When Y has missed 27 times, X has killed:
- 30 birds
- 60 birds
- 72 birds
- 90 birds
Let the total fires y. Then,
Shots fired by X = 5 y
Shots fired by Y = 3 y
Killing shots by X = 1 of 5 y = 5 y
3 8 24
Shots missed by Y = 1 of 3 y = 3 y
2 8 16
3x = 27 or y = 27 x 16 = 144.
Birds killed by X = 5y = 5 x 144 = 30.
2) Gaurav’s age after 15 years will be 5 times his age 5 years back. What is the present age of Gaurav?
- 10 years
- 18 years
- 20 years
- Cannot be determined
- None of these
Solution: Let Gaurav’s present age be x years. Then, Gaurav’s age after 15 years = (x + 15) years. Gaurav’s age 5 years back = (x – 5) years. Therefore x + 15 = 5 (x – 5) x + 15 = 5x – 25 4x = 40 x = 10. Hence, Gaurav’s present age = 10 years.
3) The statement I: The government has recently fixed the fees for professional courses, which are much lower than the fees charged in the last year offered by the unaided institutions
Statement 2: The parents of the students launched a severe agitation last year protesting against the high fees charged by the unaided institutions.
- The statement First is the cause and statement Second is its effect
- Statement Second is the cause and statement First is its effect
- Both the statements First and Second are independent causes
- Both the statements First and Second are effects of independent causes
Solution: Because the parents of the students launched a serve agitation last year protesting against the high fees charged by the unaided institutions, the government has recently fixed the fees for professional courses. Hence option 2 is correct.
4) A is as much younger than B. B as he is older than C. If the sum of the ages is 50 years. What is the difference between the ages of B and A’s?
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 25 years
- Data inadequate
- None of these
Solution: Given that:
1. The difference of age b/w B and A = The difference of age b/w A and C.
2. Sum of age of B and C is 50 i.e. (B + C) = 50.
Question: B – A = ?.
B – A = A – C
(B + C) = 2A
Now given that, (B + C) = 50
So, 50 = 2A and therefore A = 25.
Question is (B – A) = ?
Here we know the value(age) of A (25), but we don’t know the age of B.
Therefore, (B-A) cannot be determined.